8/18/2015

Meet our New Vocation Director!

Sr. Mary O'Donovan, O.Carm.


I have been in Religious Life for the past 35 years.  I spent 16 years in New York after Final Profession of Vows and returned to Ireland to serve in Our Lady’s Manor, Dublin.  I spent 19 years working there as a licensed Social Worker and Psychotherapist.  Earlier this year I received a call from our Mother General asking me if I would be willing to take up the post of Vocation Director for our Congregation.   Like the disciples in the boat, I felt the fear mounting as the rough waters of transition loomed in the distance.  The task ahead is huge but I know that there is a power within me greater than myself and I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.  I pray that in the days ahead the Spirit of the Lord may fall afresh on me, renew me, fill me and use me, so that I may become a source of living water where others can come and quench their thirst for Jesus. The great news about this work is that it is God’s work, not mine, and so “lower the nets for a great catch”.  Glory be to Him whose power at work in us can do infinitely more than we can ask or dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment