9/12/2012

NOVICES AT LAST!

The Postulants will be leaving St. Patrick's Manor and returning to St. Teresa's Motherhouse in Germantown, NY on Saturday, September 15th.  On October 1, 2012, Feast of Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, Sr. Cathie, Sr. Heather, Sr. Maureen and Sr. Dianna, will be received as Novices in a private ceremony to be held in St. Teresa's Chapel. They will be attending a Retreat on September 23 - 29th to spiritually prepare for this solemn occasion. 

The Novitiate is a two-year period of time during which the Novice explores on a deeper level what it means to be a member of our Carmelite Congregation. The resolve and suitability of the Novice is further discerned. There is concentration on developing a solid spiritual foundation. The Novice receives the Habit of Carmel comprising of a brown tunic, brown scapular and a white veil.  She also receives her religious name.

Their names in religion are Sr. Luke Mary Angeline (Heather Lukose), Sr. Mary Catherine Angeline (Cathie Hinkle), Sr. Maureen Paul Angeline (Maureen Sullivan), and Sr. Hope Therese Angeline (Dianna Maring).

Congratulations Sisters!  May Our Lady of Mount Carmel bless your journey in Carmel and may your religious life be abundantly blessed!

Top Row-L to R: Sr. Heather & Sr. Cathie, Bottom Row L to R: Sr. Dianna & Sr. Maureen




 

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy!!!!!! This is sooooo exciting and I am so happy for you all. God bless you Sisters. How wonderful that Mother Mark has given you all the beautiful name of Angeline after your beloved and Venerable founder Mother Angeline. Tell her I said she did a god job!!!! I will keep praying for the Novices and all the Sisters and I hold you in my heart. Have a blessed re"treat" and a beautiful entrance ceremony! All my love Mama Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you all !! God bless you on your Carmelite Journey. Here is a Carmelite prayer for you.

    Dear Jesus,
    I ask You to be with me in my life as a Carmelite, to give me strength to pursue with honesty and hard work the path You have called me to live. I petition You to hold my hand every day and to whisper in my ear words of encouragement when I falter, words of direction when I am confused and words of inspiration when my prayers are dry and I cannot see the road to heaven in front of me.
    Please Lord, never let me be out of Your sight. Help me to love my Sisters and Brothers in Carmel and to aid my community in every way I can and in whatever I am asked to do. I ask Lord for the ability to be Chaste in every way, to obey those in religious authority over me and to exercise a spirit of poverty. I promise to try my hardest to fulfill the obligations of the Carmelite spirituality and way of life. I promise to do my best to love You with all my heart and to put Your will above my own. Lord, please give me the strength to live my promises. Amen

    ReplyDelete